2021 Hush Puppies #ShareOptimism Campaign Story & Image Submissions Giveaway Contest – Official Rules
- Description. The Hush Puppies #ShareOptimism Campaign Story & Image Submissions Giveaway Contest (the “Contest”) begins at 00:01 am ET January 1, 2021, and ends at 23:59 pm ET on January 31, 2021 (the “Contest Period”). By participating in the Contest, participants (if a minor in their place of residence, the participant’s parent or legal guardian on his or her behalf) unconditionally accept and agree to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor (as defined in Section 10), which shall be final and binding in all respects. Receipt of a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Eligibility. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Must be 18 years or older at the time of entry and a legal resident of the fifty (50) United States (including the District of Columbia). Employees, officers, and directors of Sponsor, their respective parents, subsidiaries, and agents, as well as the immediate family (defined as parents, spouses, children, siblings, and grandparents) and household members of each such employee, officer, and director are not eligible. Void where prohibited by law. All federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations apply.
How to Enter. To enter, you must, during the Contest Period, (1) visit the #ShareOptimism Contest landing page (HushPuppies.com/ShareOptimism), (2) complete the Contest Entry form in its entirety, including your name, email, and a story about your happiest moment(s) from 2020 (the story must be between 100-400 characters and must be a true story), and (3) submit an image(s) and/or video representing the story (the submission, image, and story are defined collectively as the “Entry”). UNLIMITED ENTRIES PER PERSON. Incomplete Entries will be disqualified and removed from the Contest. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification.
Entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. By entering the Contest or accepting a prize, you grant Sponsor a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive license to reproduce, distribute, display, exhibit, transmit, broadcast, televise, digitize, and otherwise use your Entry in any manner, form, or format now or hereinafter created, including on the internet, and for any purpose, including, but not limited to, advertising or promotion of Sponsor and its goods or services. You further agree that Sponsor may use your name, likeness, photo and Entry all without further consent from or payment to you.
- Representations and Warranties. By participating in the Contest, you warrant and represent that: (a) the Entry is your original work, and you are the sole and exclusive owner of all intellectual property rights in and to the entry; (b) use of the Entry as described in these Official Rules will not infringe the intellectual property or other rights of any third party, or violate any federal, state, or local laws or ordinances; (c) the Entry is not obscene or libelous, and does not contain anything false, defamatory or derogatory; (d) the Entry does not contain any virus, spyware, malware, trap door, worm, or any other device, mechanism or code that is injurious or damaging to software or hardware used in conjunction with the Contest; (e) you have the right to grant the license in Section 3 above; and (f) you have all necessary rights in and to your Entry to enter the Contest, including the consent of the Nominee you are nominating in the Contest whose personal information is included in your Entry. Entries not satisfying these criteria in any respect will be disqualified and removed from the Contest.
Winner Selection. On or around January 15, 2021, a panel of judge(s) designated by Sponsor will select up to 2,500 Grand Prize winners from among all qualified Entries received to that point. Winners will be selected based on the following factors: creativity (50%) and brand alignment (50%). In addition, on or around January 30, 2021, a panel of judge(s) designated by Sponsor will select additional Grand Prize winners (up to 5,000 Grand Prize winners in total) from among all qualified Entries received to that point. Winners will be selected based on the following factors: creativity (50%) and brand alignment (50%).
Grand Prize winners will be sent a gift code good for one free Hush Puppies Beanie within approx. two weeks of being selected as a Grand Prize winner. Odds of winning are based upon the number of qualified Entries received. Prize winners will be notified through email and may be required to complete and return an eligibility affidavit and liability/publicity release. If a potential winner cannot be contacted within three (3) days after Sponsor’s first attempt, does not meet the eligibility criteria, does not fully comply with these Official Rules, or fails to sign and return the affidavit and/or release, then the potential winner forfeits the prize and an alternate winner will be selected.
If a prize winner is considered a minor in his or her jurisdiction of residence, the prize will be awarded in the name of, or to, the winner’s parent or legal guardian, who must accept the prize, execute any required documents, and agree to all obligations and undertakings of the winner, both on behalf of himself/herself and winner, or the prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. Under no circumstances will a prize be awarded as the result of an entry by an individual under 13 years of age.
- Prizes. Five Thousand (5,000) Grand Prizes. Each consisting of one (1) promotion code for one (1) free Hush Puppies Beanie. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of each prize is up to USD$15. Offer good while supplies last. Additional terms and conditions may apply to any gift cards, promotional codes, or similar prizes awarded. Prizes are non-transferable, and may not be substituted for cash. Prizes are non-transferable, and may not be substituted for cash. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may substitute a prize (or prize component) of equal or greater value due to unavailability of prize (or prize component) for any reason.
- General Conditions. All taxes and other expenses are the sole responsibility of the winner. Neither Sponsor, Facebook, nor Instagram is responsible or liable for, and entrants/prize recipients completely release and hold Sponsor, Facebook, and Instagram, harmless against: (a) illegible, incomplete, damaged, misdirected, stolen, late, or lost Entry Forms; (b) network, internet, or computer malfunctions or damage related to or resulting from participating in the Contest; (c) any condition caused by events beyond the control of Sponsor which may cause the Contest to be disrupted or corrupted; or (d) any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by the prize or resulting from acceptance or use of the prize, or from participation in the Contest. Any entrant attempting to defraud or in any way tamper with this Contest, including but not limited to using automated processes for entry, will be ineligible. If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, including but not limited to technical corruption or non-authorized human intervention, Sponsor in its sole discretion reserve the right to modify or cancel the Contest. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO PROSECUTE ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
Release/Disputes. By receipt of any prize, winner/prize recipient agrees that Sponsor, Facebook, Instagram, their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, and the agents, employees, directors and officers of these companies, are not liable whatsoever for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize or from winner’s/prize recipient’s participation in the Contest.
As a condition of participating in the Contest, Entrant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Contest, shall be resolved on an individual basis, without resort to any form of class action. This means neither you nor Sponsor may join or consolidate claims in arbitration or court by or against any other person or entity, or litigate in court or arbitrate any claims as a representative or member of a class or in a private attorney general capacity. In addition, either party may choose to resolve the dispute by binding arbitration, as described below, instead of in court. This arbitration agreement is governed by the Federal Arbitration Act. Any arbitration will take place in Michigan within two hundred miles of Grand Rapids, Michigan by a single arbitrator, and will be conducted by the American Arbitration Association or JAMS pursuant to the rules of the body conducting the arbitration. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than Entrant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering the Contest). Entrant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Winners List. Names of prize winners may be requested by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope by December 31, 2021 to Sponsor to the attention of “#ShareOptimism Campaign Story & Image Submissions”
- Sponsor/Administrator. The Sponsor and Administrator of this Contest is Hush Puppies, a division of Wolverine World Wide, Inc., 9341 Courtland Drive NE, Rockford, Michigan 49351 (“Sponsor”). This Contest is not in any way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook or Instagram.